Mar 21, 2011

I Knew I Could Do That!



Foster Mom and Dad have been carrying me up and down the stairs from living room to bedroom and den every day since I arrived a week ago.  There's a gate at the top of the stairs which they close at night when we go all go to bed.

During the day Gizmo (that's my foster brother) runs up or down the stairs whenever he pleases. But most of the day we just stay in the living room downstairs or go out on the patio if we need.

Gizmo's allowed out a lot, especially if he sees squirrels on the fence. Then he runs back and forth along the fence, and barks at them when they run up the tree and jump into the next yard. I'm only allowed out for a pee right now, and we all go for short walk in the afternoon. Gizmo gets a walk in the morning and another long walk after dinner. Mom says I'll be able to go out and run with Gizmo when I'm over my rest period. How long is a month?

Every evening we have a Tea and Treats time. Mom fixes the tea tray and Dad carries me up the stairs to the den, where we get our treats. Mom has been carrying  me up during the day if she's going to be on the computer in the den upstairs for a long time. (I guess she wants to keep an eye on me to make sure I stay quiet).

This evening I didn't wait for Foster Dad to pick me up. I just followed Gizmo up the stairs. Foster Mom and Dad were in shock! They thought I didn't know how to climb the stairs!!!.

I surprised everyone. I didn't try to go upstairs by myself before because I didn't know I was allowed. Now we all know.. I can do that!

The gate is closed at the top of the stairs. The lights are all off downstairs, so I don't think I want to go down in the dark anyway.


If you have any questions about me, you can email my foster mom by clicking here
To learn how to adopt me, Please visit
Loyal Rescue's PetFinder Adoption Page or my page at Adopt a Pet for more information

No comments:

Post a Comment